Children and Women in Social Service and Human Rights (CWISH) is a non-profit organization, established in 1993 with an aim to ensure social justice, protection and promotion of human rights especially the rights of children. In order to achieve this aim, it has been working in three programmatic pillars: Child Protection, Rights To Education and Family Empowerment.
CWISH is currently seeking for a Consultant/Consultancy Firm to conduct a study on the comprehensive nature of trafficking in Kathmandu, Pokhara including Sindupalchowk, Dhading and Nuwakot districts.
Position: Research Consultant / Consultancy Firm
Scope of Work: The Consultant/consultancy firm will work in collaboration with CWISH, SASANE and Anti-Slavery. Tasks will include:
• Preparation and finalization of research methodology
• Data collection and analysis
• Regular communication with the project staffs to monitor the progress
• Final study report and presentation to the project team
(A) Functional Skills and Knowledge
• High level knowledge and understanding on research
• Preferable knowledge and understanding on human trafficking, child rights, gender and social inclusion
• Skill in literature review, quantitative-qualitative analysis and technical writing
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a culturally diverse and multidisciplinary team
Essential: Master’s degree in Social Science/Research Analyst
Essential: At least 5 years work experience in social science research which led to publications
Desirable: Experience working in the field of trafficking and conducting some research study. Experience working among the community level as well as the local level stakeholders
Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English and Nepali
Applicants meeting above requirement are requested to submit (1) a cover letter quoting expected remuneration, (2) recent resume and (3) Two - Three samples of research he/she/consultancy firm have produced to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st October, 2018 (5 pm). Only those candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted. Please refer to attached Terms of Reference (ToR) for further details.